I decided that it is about time I started another blog. So here it is.
Mostly I want to keep a record of my creative projects, and writing about them will help me do that.
This week I’ve been experimenting with acrylic inks. The local art supply shop had a sale on Daler Rowney liquid acrylics and I wanted to try them. I found an excellent site with many tutorials on painting techniques: paintingdemos.com
I favor the abstract, and also flowers. So I gave “negative painting” a try.
First, I splashed the paper with acrylic inks and drops of rubbing alcohol. Then I outlined some flower shapes, and painted the negative space in a heavy bodied off white acrylic. I gradually built up more detail in the flowers and vase, layer by layer, using acrylics, pigment markers and paint pens.
I’m not 100% pleased with the final result, but it was a fun process and I’ll keep experimenting with the idea. Maybe I’ll try birds or insects too.
And there you have it!
I’ll share some of the other projects I’ve been working on, once I pull together some good photos. TGIF!
Leave a Reply